Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Love Song In Spite of Everything

My Soul sings of stars
long-longed for,
long half-remembered,
long, long, long told tales of
‘round camp fires
built by the children of Earth.

My Heart revolves
around the flame of You,
my Supernova,
builder of my defenses,
motivator of my every action;
I sing echoes of stardust
into the broken places in your frame.

Applying gems and precious metals
with careful pressure and heat
to the cracked places in your skin.

Kintsugi,
I think,
the Japanese call this idea.

You are my only Treasure,
breaks and all;
Your worth exceeds
the assumptions of others
about you.

They tell me you are Evil,
a clear-and-present

Danger,

Deviant,

Defiant,

a Liar.

They know nothing whatsoever
of who you are.

Of why you are.

Of what you cannot bear
these Children to endure

uneducated,

unprotected,

unloved.

Tabu in every lifetime,
you’ve said of our lifebond,
our love,
forbidden everywhere,
and everywhen.

And I don’t care anymore,
O Singular Delight!

Your hand in mine
prompts my stars to sing,
my homesick heart to
declare it’s hope,
which only ever lay
in you.

In your heart.

In our truth.

Someone quoted you
on a screen somewhere;

We’re on our own side, angel.

And they,
and you,
are right.

No comments:

Post a Comment